Saturday 18 October 2014

What is Your Name in Mandarin?!?



Learning Mandarin and Chinese Calligraphy is becoming more and more exciting as each day passes. I really wish one day I could get the opportunity to go to China and study Mandarin formally as a language while getting to experience Chinese culture first hand. I think this would be the Ultimate dream come true for me!

Well, I want to share something with you. I've recently discovered a few sites that translate your name into Chinese as well as others that gives you a Chinese name, as in you answer one or two things about yourself and it generates a really Cool Chinese name for you.



My first name 'Gayle' translated into Mandarin Chinese is 'gai er' which I found to be Soooo Cool!!!
It is pronounced 'guy r' which is  quite interesting as well! I also decided to draw my name in Mandarin using Chinese calligraphy which was quite fun to me. Below I have the link to find out your own name in Mandarin!

Translate Name into Chinese




There are also links that generate a Chinese name for you. The name I got was Shi Kai You which I think is rather cute and also suits me! Click on the link below to find out your name in Chinese and if you don't like the first one, you can try it over till you find one that you like. Have FUN!!!!


Generate Your Name in Chinese


I came across this unique but Gourgeous Creature... It is called the Mandarin fish also known as the Mandarin Dragonet! It is quite a Stunningly Beautiful Fish found in the Pacific Ocean near the Philippines, China and even Australia. It's scientific name is intriguing, Synchiropus splendidus. 












6 comments:

Christine Dalkan said...

Mine is PinYin

Unknown said...

This is awesome, lol...my Chinese name is Shi Ao dau, which roughly means 'Mysterious path or way', lol!

Anonymous said...

Marissa Munro says: Awesome! My name is Mai Man-rong. lol!

Jems said...

Amazing, Zhi Rong Yan my chinese name

Unknown said...

Just call me Yu Shuang Ning :)

Anonymous said...

埃乐史沃尔特 - pronunciation (PinYin) : āi lè shǐ wò ěr té