Thursday 23 October 2014

Collaborative Blog with Lil' Bookish

Yesterday was my first collaborative effort in filming a video blog with Christine Dalkan of Lil' Bookish. Two words used to describe my experience  in Mandarin language is "hen youqu" which means great fun! That was how I would describe the 60 minutes that I spent in the company of Christine and her co-worker, Kaelanne at Guardian building.





I was pleasantly surprised at how fast Christine was able to learn the pronunciation of the words in Mandarin. I mean, it was a few sentences in Mandarin but the pronunciation can be a bit tricky especially for certain words like the word for blog which is "boke". It is pronounced  something like 'bo qua'. All the practicing of the words in Mandarin was filmed but only a portion of it was used in the actual video blog.





To be honest, this whole experience has exceeded my expectations by far. I never expected it to be so enjoyable and memorable! I would certainly welcome the opportunity to work with Christine again in the future, both her and her co-worker were extremely co-operative and helpful. We were able to not only film several short clips but take a lot of photographs to complement the videos. This was  my very first video blog collaboration and I look forward to doing several more collaborative projects in the future.








Kaelanne Jordan, Christine's co-worker



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Expect great things in the future.

Anonymous said...

this sounds like an interesting language to learn

Kayode said...

This wasn't what I expected at all...but it worked out well.