Sunday 12 October 2014

Happy Birthday Video Blog was Great Fun!!!



I Woke up on Monday the 22nd of September (My Birthday) feeling energized and enthusiastic! I had this grand idea that I would do a video blog of not just myself singing Happy Birthday but will also get my co-workers to join in and sing with me. Unfortunately, that didn't go as planned. Due to the serious nature of my job, it wasn't possible to do the video blog where I work. However, I soon came up with a back plan! I decided to take the video blog to the streets... Well, more like, to the greens! Thanks to my wonderful and extremely supportive supervisor and co-workers, it turned out to be quite enjoyable.



Most of the filming was done the Friday after my birthday where we went to two locations, Victoria Square and Botanical Gardens. We practiced briefly for a few days during that week mainly so that they would get the Mandarin part right. The making of the "Happy Birthday" sign for the video blog was reminiscent of doing arts and crafts in primary school carefully sticking paper together and decorating it. I felt as though the stars had aligned that day because it had rained everyday that week except for that fateful day, the Friday. It wasn't planned but all the ladies including myself wore blue that day and I saw that as a sign that this would be the perfect day to do most of the filming. 



That day turned out be Extremely Awesome!!! We watched squirrels, enjoyed the beautiful scenery and laughed, a whole lot! Most importantly, we sang and even danced while singing, "Happy Birthday" in both English and Mandarin TRINI Style! I am quite sure that if its two words my co-workers will remember in Mandarin, it will be "Sheng Ri Kuai Le" which means "Happy Birthday".





No comments: