Sunday 9 November 2014

The Basics in Mandarin



I thought I would do a written and a video blog outlining the basics in the Mandarin Chinese language. Some of these words and phrases I have mentioned before in previous blogs but there is nothing like repetition to help you learn a foreign language! I would start out with the greetings. As stated in previous blogs, "Ni Hao" means hello but the polite way to say hello is "Nin Hao". If you are greeting a group of people especially a large crowd or gathering, like Mark Zuckerberg did in his opening phrase, you should say "Daija Hao" which means hello everyone. To say goodbye means "Zaijian". 













  Mandarin Always Seems to be on My Mind!                                                                                                                Rehearsing Some Mandarin                                                          




Here are some other greetings you can say:-

Nice to Meet You:- Hen gaoxing renshi ni 

Good Morning:- Zaoshang Hao 

Good Afternoon:- Xiawu Hao

Good Evening:- Wangshang Hao 

Good Night:- Wan An



Here are some Everyday words/phrases in Mandarin:-

Yes:- Shi de

No- Meiyou 

Ice-Cream:- Bingqilin 



I will now go through some basic questions and answers in Mandarin.

How are You?:- Ni Hao Ma?

I am fine/good/very good:- Wo Hen Hao

What is the time?:- Shi shenme shihou?

The time is twelve noon:- Shijian shi zhongwu shi er dian 

Are you hungry:?:- Ni ele ma 

Yes, I am hungry:- Shi de wo ele 

What do you want?:- Ni xiang yao shen me 

I want to eat noodles:- Wo xiang chi miantiao 










2 comments:

Rajesh Boodooram said...

Wow, this is really good. I enjoyed listening to the pronunciation while I read the terms. :)

Jems said...

Very nice, I learn to speak a different language today. Keep up the good work!