Tuesday 4 November 2014

Celebrating Learning Mandarin with Rachel... Collaborative Blog #2




Celebrating Learning Mandarin is a collaborative blog with Rachel Thomas, the lady in the above photograph on the left. How we did this collaborative blog was really interesting. Rachel contacted me and requested to do an interview with me about my blog and my whole social media project, Let's Learn Mandarin. I happily agreed and was quite excited about this! I was so flattered when I realized that someone else wanted to highlight my project in their own. It really began to make me feel as though all my hard work was actually not only being recognized but appreciated as well. 

Rachel's project is entitled, "Celebrating Existence". It is about celebrating all the positive and wonderful things that life has to offer. She says that this world has way too many negativity and her aim is to remind as many people as possible that there is so many things to be positive about life. Her philosophy concerning her project is:-

1.      I’m too blessed to be fully stressed.
2.      Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)
3.      Carpe diem! (Seize the day!)





When I asked Rachel why she decided to highlight my project, this was her exact words... I wanted to put her response word for word cause it was truly inspiring for me!

 "I chose to highlight your project because I like the focus of your project and an opportunity to learn a new language appeals to me. Your idea is one that I found refreshing, creative and also one that provides so many avenues to explore. Added to this it allows different ways to engage an audience. As an English and Spanish teacher often times I see students and many others building a barrier towards a new language. Your effort and the mediums as well as the platforms you have chosen are helping to bring “Let’s Learn Mandarin” more and more alive."




She admitted to me that she has learned a whole lot from my project especially about Chinese culture and also said that she even learned a few phrases in Mandarin and was quite pleased with the progress of my project. The most important thing I have learned from this collaborative interview blog is that it made me realize that I have a True passion for linguistics and this could definitely be a career option for me in the future.

Celebrating Existence & Let's Learn Mandarin Collaborative Interview:-




You want to Learn More about Rachel Thomas' project, Check Out her Social Media Links:-



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Gayle for highlighting my project and my blog, Celebrating Existence! Xie Xie! I love your enthusiasm and I am happy to hear a career n linguistics is definitely something you are considering!

Unknown said...

All about cross-cultural learning and building exciting connections. Keep it up ladies!